Friday, July 18, 2014

Moving In with Spiders

You know, life is good! God is so gracious with us and as I (Sarah), was reading, in the "Our Daily Bread" publication today, I was reminded that "We do know, however, that the Lord is present with us, for He said He would never leave us (Heb 13:5). Jesus' name "Immanuel" literally means "God with us" (Matt 1:23)." We can go through life's struggles with Jesus holding our hand! We are weak but He is STRONG! I have recently become downtrodden with the amount of bugs and namely, spiders, roundabout the house. I have been complaining about them but really they are creatures of our mighty God! And He is here with us and protects us, even from big scary spiders! So I have decided to share some photos with you all of the spiders we have moved in with! I will say, most have them have gone to be with their creator shortly after being photographed... I did let them know there end was coming though, just let them know that this was now our house no longer open to other tenants they didn't seem too "moved", so I moved them... Another reason to show pictures of some of the other residents of this house was that I also wanted to let you know that I am only slightly exaggerating when I have said that I encounter upwards of 30 or so spiders each day among other bugs as well! It's really true! 

Though they are scary and gross, they sure are a mighty testament of God's creativity! 



 I found this little fella on Edmund's bean bag chair... Be careful where you sit! 





This one was making his home on the side of our fireplace... He was slightly stealth, it takes  a trained eye like Sarah's to find spiders like this! 





This spider thought he would live right inside our front door... hum, bad idea man! 


He was actually upside down, that's why he looks that way! 




This spider is big and ugly and lives on the upper portion of our back door...

He's on the outside of the window... 





He is a bit hard to spot but he is just at the base of the web and whatever else he has in there!
  





On a happier note things were a bit crazy at the beginning of the week but things are getting settled... kind of, anyway, we don't have much furniture so there is not much place to unpack things! 

This is what the living room looked like on Tuesday morning...

It's a mess, but yay, we have our stuff!!!



Not bad, if I say so myself, I was pretty busy on Tuesday! 


Look at all those empty boxes!



All the boxes have been unpacked, now we just have stuff stored in our totes =D


Did I ever mention that two are better than one... 
As a single person, you think, I don't have much
Then you get married and you have lots!



So blessed!
To God be the Glory! 

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (NIV)
"Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."



  

No comments:

Post a Comment